RJ Speed LEGENDS
REMEMBER: If the rules DO NOT STATE THAT IT CAN BE DONE ,
THEN YOU CAN NOT DO IT !!
RJS-1016 LEG. 34 COUPE, RJS-1017 LEG. 37 SEDAN, RJS-1018 LEG. 40 COUPE
RJS-1035 LEG 34 SEDAN, RJS-1036 LEG 37F COUPE, RJS-1044 LEG 37F SEDAN
RJS-1045 LEG 37C COUPE, RJS-1046 LEG 37D COUPE
BL 2244 34 F COUPE, BL 2267 37 D COUPE, BL 2270 34 F SEDAN
BL 2290 37 C COUPE, BL 2291 37 F SEDAN, BL 2294 37 F COUPE
BL 2295 37 C SEDAN, BL 2296 40 F COUPE
MOTORS AND BATTERIES:
DURATRAX DTXC3301 MOTOR
ANY 7.2 NIHM BATTERY UP TO 2000 Mah
CHASSIS & CAR DIMENSIONS:
WHEELBASE 9.3 TO 9.4 INCHES
FRONT WIDTH 7 3/4 + 1/4
REAR WIDTH 7 7/8 TO 8 3/8 IN.
ROOF HEIGHT 5” MIN. FROM GROUND
FRONT TIRE WIDTH 1.1 TO 1.25 IN.
REAR TIRE WIDTH 1.9 TO 2.1 IN.
MAX. TIRE DIAMETER 2.6 IN.
MIN. WEIGHT 34 OZ. RTR
1) The first rule is that: if the rules do not specifically state that you
can do something,
YOU CANNOT DO IT.
2) Absolutely no changes to the configuration of the chassis or cutting on
the chassis parts. No replacement parts of graphite or other higher tech
3) Any location of receiver and speed control on top of the battery plate is
Allowed. Steering servo may be mounted on the front axle plate, or under
the long battery tray.
4) No changes in the steering blocks, axle ,or springs. Shims are allowed
on springs to stiffen front ends. May also add the front kingpin brace
( 5240) to help prevent front axle breakage in severe wrecks. You may
put a washer behind the e-clip on the front axle to stop it from pulling thru
the steering block.
5) Original front steering rods can be bent as needed, if the steering servo
is mounted on the front axle plate. Double lock collars are allowed on each
side of the steering linkage to prevent slippage.
6) Factory front bumper optional
7) No ball bearings allowed anywhere on the car, except inside servos. No
modifications to the oilite bushings in any way.
8) No changes allowed to rear axle or differential. No ceramic or carbide
diff balls or drive rings allowed. No 64 pitch gears– must use original
type 81 tooth 48 pitch diff gear . No lightweight rear axles. No thrust
bearings allowed, except one in the diff assembly. Steel pinions only.
9) You may change the left side (set-screw) hub to 5313 nylon/aluminum
Hybrid hub only, or use 1/4 “ spacer on the left side with the original
5311 hub, and 5309 narrow diff hub to narrow the rear track. Reducing
the track width of the car can increase rear traction if needed.
10) Only genuine R/C LEGENDS bodies are allowed as replacements
NO changes allowed from trim lines,
except for 1/4 “ tolerance around wheels.
Body must be painted & all windows clear or cut out. It is legal to reinforce
the inside of the body where the side posts go thru with tape or
scrap lexan from the wheel cutouts.
11) No rollover or stiff antennas allowed. Antenna may be mounted inside
the body for small tracks where radio range is not a problem.
12) Only Legends type tires or legends/spec tires on factory
wheels are allowed.
13) Tires must be mounted in the direction shown in the kit instructions
14) DURATRAX DTXC3301 MOTOR
14b) RJS5248 Legends motor heat sink is allowed. Keeps the motor running
cooler and last longer.
15) Battery pack must remain in the stock location, down the center of
the chassis between the frame rails.
16) Must use original equip. pinion gear (21 or 22 tooth 48 pitch STEEL)
17) RJS5246 3 PC. FRONT AXLE PLATE ALLOWED TO FACILITATE
QUICK FRONT END REPAIRS.
18) REVERSE: not normally allowed, but could be a local option.
19) Races should will be 4 min (unless other wise stated)
C-YA ON THE TRACK